Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pumpkin Bread...made by nuns = holy deliciousness Batman!


This tasty morsel of nourishment for the body and soul sorta makes me wonder why Jesus multiplied loafs of plain ole bread rather than mouth watering pumpkin loaf...an oversight I'm sure. Its always fun when tasty food also has an interesting story, and this one is pretty good... To get the PUMPKIN BREAD you have to visit the Monastery of the Angels in the heart of Hollywood. There, in the gift shop, you can buy the loaf as well as a variety of candies (I got fudge with walnuts and it was also scrumptious). It's all made by the cloistered Dominican nuns who have devoted themselves to a contemplative life of prayer and study. If you go for the novelty, you won't be disappointed by the taste... the nuns have had plenty of time to perfect their recipe and it shows. No word on whether nuns use organic ingredients, but if there was ever food made with a dash of love and devotion, this is it. Its like a holy bake sale!
As a side note, I ate half the loaf in one sitting, and although I prayed for my stomach to stop hurting, God informed me that I have free will and shouldn't be a glutton. Fair enough Man Upstairs, fair enough.


Thanks Megan for this great idea and for going with me to try it out! Any word on nuns who BBQ?


1 comment: