Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ACAI BOWL...makes you feel Brazilian.


I have a few Brazilian friends. They are super fit and smokin' hot. That doesn't really have much to do with this post, as I doubt the acai gives them their amazing genes, but its worth a mention if you ever want to come to one of my BBQs and oogle them.
I went to Brazil a while back and was introduced to the ACAI BOWL. I, of course, went overboard and ate it daily till my lips were stained purple (it looked pretty good actually). When I got home, I bought a purple lipstick that reminded me of the acai lip stain... but what I really wanted was to recreate the darn ACAI BOWL. Pre made ones at health food stores never quite hit the spot. I finally found this frozen one at Whole Foods (which we lovingly call Whole Paycheck... but if you're gonna spend your money on something, it might as well be your health). As always, look around and you'll find several brands to choose from.
It tastes like crap alone which is a good sign. Plain acai berries aren't tasty. Also it doesn't have a lot of funky ingredients. Rule of thumb (what your thumb has to do with rules is beyond me) should be that if a product has more letters than my real last name (szpakiewicz) don't eat it...unless it tastes really, really good...
Toss in some of your favorite granola, one organic banana and viola! Breakfast is served!

Thank you Dani and Colin for taking me to Brazil with you! I did my best to be as non-embarassing as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment