Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bean and Cheese Burrito...when "filthy" is a compliment.

If there was ever a perfect food, it'd be a burrito...tasty, cheap, easy to eat, filling. Negatives could only be that most of them give you the wind something awful... and probably aren't on the AHA's list of things to eat regularly. I can live with that.
Dos Burritos runs their operation out of a closet sized space in a semi seedy part of Hollywood...which makes them perfect. Tasty, authentic burrito joints should always be in semi to moderately seedy areas and never be spacious or upscale. As you can see in the photo, this partially devoured BEAN AND CHEESE BURRITO is massive, fabulous and messy. Proper terminology for such a work of art is "filthy." Filthy delicious that is. Whatever they use to make it, it works. Enough beans in that thing to feed an army through winter, perfect amount of cheese and their salsa is pretty darn tasty too (and hot). I ate mine sitting in my car. I love eating in my car. People stared. I didn't care.
Oh, and Dos Burritos is open till 3 am. AFTER PARTY!!!!!


Thanks Albert for the heads up on this place . Thanks JB for teaching me the meaning of a filthy burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment