Monday, April 19, 2010

Cholada Pumpkin...the only fitting start to my blog.


Dear God,
Thank you for my mom, dad, sister (even though she keeps borrowing my clothes), health, happiness and CHOLADA PUMPKIN. You Sir (or Ma'am) really outdid yourself here. I mean, through your plentiful gifts the Thai people learned to soak chunks of pumpkin squash in a spicy Thai chili sauce that is so delicious I want to do a keg stand of it. And they didn't just stop with the pumpkin. They added eggplant and basil. Then, if that wasn't enough, they let me add shrimp (or chicken or tofu) I'm so full. No, one more bite. I can't breathe. Yes, I'm gonna finish that!
For those of you in the LA area, Cholada Thai Cuisine is a little blue shack off PCH just north of Topanga. For those of you who don't live in LA, print the photo and demand that your local Thai restaurant recreate it...or else. ("or else" always sounds so wonderfully threatening when you really have nothing to back it up with).
"now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord to provide CHOLADA PUMPKIN in heaven or it won't really be heaven."

www.choladathaicuisine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment